Saturday, January 17, 2009

THE question

So I'm back from my travels. *waah waah boo hoo* I've been in school for the last two weeks and all I could think about is getting out of here as fast as possible. I'm trying to plot a way to make money and travel at the same time. Impossible? I will find a way. Anyway, apparently while I was abroad I was able to escape reality for a good number of months but when I came back, it punched me right in the face. I was faced with questions like, "are you working on your capstone?", "are you all set to graduate?" and of course... THE question, "so... what are your plans for after graduation?" 
If you don't know me by now, I will tell you that I am a girl that is not excited about hitting the "real world".  I don't want no stinkin' desk job. I don't want no stinkin boring job. I don't want no job that will restrict me. So basically.. what I've come to terms with is that I will just push this "real world" thing as far away as possible. 
So here's the tentative plan:
I'm going to take a year off between undergrad and grad. 
June-August: work for arcc.. hopefully go to some sweet place and get paid for it again. 
August-October: Get a temporary job for 3 months. Make some dough, put some greens in my pocket sort of speak. This job is up in the air. At the same time, I will be taking tests and filling out applications for going back to school again. 
October-December: Work for Asian Pacific Adventures over in southeast asia leading hikes, sea kayaking and what not. 
December+(hopefully till I need to go to school again): Travel. Take the little money that I have and go to places like Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal. Do the whole Asia thing. Maybe if I have enough money I will be able to skip over to South America. But like I said. It's tentative. 


So there it is. THE answer to THE question. Sure it's not getting an internship that will lead into a serious job or going to grad school right away... But i'm okay with that. I'd rather see the world. Wanna join me?

No comments: